What is an In-Store heat map for retail?
In-Store heat maps for retail are a valuable tool to understand our customers behavior of in our stores.
It allows us to identify the areas of the store where our customers pass, stop and pay more attention, and therefore, we can indentify the so-called ‘dead zones of the store’ or the areas through which customers do not usually pass.
What does In-Store heat map have to offer?
- Help retailers keep track of what customers like.
- Keeps track of what customers ignore.
- Draw a heat map of customer traffic within the store.
- It allows to analyze the best sites to place advertising.
- It allows to analyze the success of the implemented sales campaigns.
- It allows identifying the performance of a specific product or range of products.
- Detect flaws in the design and/or products organization at the store.
- It allows to carry out A / B tests with different products in the same location and analyze the performance of each one of them.
Heat map utility for the prevention of COVID-19
The heat maps give an image of the store, establishment or public space where people have passed the most, therefore it is a powerful tool that helps businesses and public institutions to perform a more effective disinfection of those areas with greater probability to be infected.
How does our heat map technology work?
Our heat mapping technology works through video analytics on the cameras installed in the establishment.
The advantage of our system is that it does not need thermal cameras, it is compatible with any IP camera.
Through the image of the cameras, the software detects, using Artificial Intelligence and Artificial Vision techniques, which are the areas that have been most traveled within the establishment, and therefore, which are the areas that have been left without consumer attention.
How are the heat maps displayed?
With these data, the software draws a heat map, where the red tones indicate the areas of greatest passage and high attention of the consumers, the orange areas indicate a medium-high attention, the green areas a medium-low attention, the areas blue low attention and the unpainted areas would be the dead zones, where consumers practically do not pass.
From our user area you can choose the day and time slot from which you want to obtain the heat map, as well as the visualization form of the color spots.
How can you obtain the heat map of your store?
To benefit from the technology and the valuable data that you can obtain from heat maps or ‘heat maps’ we have two options:
- You can acquire the software license, lifetime license (on premise) or rental licence (on saas).
- You could also pay only for a one time service. We can offer you the information about your establishment in the time range that interests your business or institution: hours, days or weeks of video.